The Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), the Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR) and the International Potato Center (CIP) will be co-hosting the 10th Triennial Conference of the African Potato Association in Ethiopia. It will be held October 9th to 13th, 2016 in Addis Ababa at the ECA Conference Center.
APA SERVING AFRICA SINCE 1983
The 10th Triennial Conference brings together researchers, development agents and the private sector to exchange experiences and recent research findings on potato and sweetpotato in Africa. The major focus of the international conference will be the potential of potato and sweet potato to address food security and malnutrition in Africa, in particular, the promising contribution of the two crops to rural economic growth in Africa and its promising economic value for farmers and entrepreneurs.
THE APA CONFERENCE: INFORMATION AND KNOWLEDGE SHARING
Close to 200 participants including researchers, development practitioners, policy-makers and entrepreneurs are expected to attend the 10th Triennial Conference and exchange knowledge and experiences on potato and sweetpotato. Local and international private sector representatives will have the opportunity to explore potential investment opportunities in potato and sweetpotato-based agribusinesses. The APA Conference will provide room for researchers to present their latest findings, organize panel discussions with various stakeholders to learn from each other – strengthening cooperation amongst themselves to continue the potato and sweetpotato success story in Africa.
APA 2016 IN ETHIOPIA
Ethiopia is the selected country for the 10th Triennial APA Conference because of the growing role potato and sweetpotato contribute towards its food security. The Ethiopian Ministry of Agriculture, the Ethiopian Institute for Agricultural Research and the International Potato Center have therefore joined hands to host this international event for an expected 200 participants. This APA 2016 Triennial Conference will give insights on Ethiopian experiences and achievements in the potato and sweet potato sector. After the 4-day conference, participants are invited to join field visits to selected locations in the country to see various potato and sweetpotato initiatives and their impacts on the ground. Participants will also appreciate their share of the richness, beauty and history of the country during these trips.
Discounts on travel and other information can be found at https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/book/ethiopian-TCAfrican-potato-association-special-airfare
Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research (EIAR) – APA
P. O. Box 2003, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiopia Photo Albums
- Sweetpotato Seed Systems to Improve Nutrition in Northern Ethiopia
- Creating wealth with seed potatoes in Ethiopia
- Asrat Amele, a Potato Breeder in a Sea of Sweetpotatoes
- A New Dawn for Potato Farmers in Eastern Africa
- Bacterial Wilt Soil Health management
- New Publication Explores the Opportunities & Challenges of Potato Production in Ethiopia
- Invigorating the Potato Seed Industry in Africa
- In ethiopia technology transfer brings success to potato farmers/
- Impacting smallholder agriculture in ethiopia/
- Impacting Smallholder Agriculture in Ethiopia:
- Humidtropics program launches research for development platform in ethiopia
- Annual report: 2013 (Ethiopia story included on page 20)