The Georgia Potato Forum will bring together key actors to review and discuss market-based approaches for adding energy to the potato sector by identifying new market opportunities and technological innovations.
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture (official to be confirmed) – Levan Davitashvili (minister) or Iuri Nozadze (deputy)
- USAID mission director, Piter Wibler
- CIP Asia director, Samarendu Mohanty
Overview of potato sector in Georgia
- Ian Barker (CIP), Program Director, Global Potato Agrifood Systems
- Current production and commercialization levels; ideas for improving profitability
Market-based approaches to potato sector development
- Jorge Andrade (CIP), Plant Pathologist Scientist
- Description of CIP’s work with PMCA, citing success stories from other countries and how they may be applied in Georgia
Discussion moderated by Rusudan Mdivani
- Questions to stimulate discussion:
- What business opportunities do you see for potato in Georgia?
- How will market-based approaches add energy to the potato sector in Georgia?
- Pietro Turilli (CIP), Director, Resource Mobilization