The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible Budget and Costing Analyst to support the Finance Department in implementing CIP’s organizational mission through efficient and effective management of budgeting, forecasting, and ABC costing preparation. This position will assist in the preparation of annual budgets, quarterly forecasting, and cost proposal for new business development and costing information for ongoing operations.
The Budget Analyst position performs a variety of transactions, analyses, and reports in support of budget processes. Is accountable for preparing the Institutional annual budget, comparing it to actual results, and reporting on variances from the budget as well as support B&P Manager on day-to-day financial management.
The position: This position will be based in Lima, Peru and will report directly to the Budgeting Financial Planning Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budget preparation, consolidation, monitoring.
- Budget Expenses: Institutional, Services Units and Capital
- Services Units Operation and Research: Costing and Monitoring
- Generating costing information for on-going operations using ABC costing technics
- Institutional Budget Reports and analysis of main variation.
- Maintaining budgets in financial accounting system
- Providing financial analysis to budgets and forecasting to users
- Collaborating with budget’s owners, managers and accountants regarding the Institutional budget and forecasts
- Upload & Update the financial information in the System
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, Administration or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the accounting/finance/administrative area
· Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Accounting software packages (ERP Preferable)
- Strong client service orientation and displaying a good-natured cooperative attitude with internal and external clients.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term with a three-month probation period and the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a cover letter, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on January 13, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.