CIP Open Access Competition 2019-2020
Following the success of the Data Sprint 2016 and the Open Access Competition 2018, we are launching our third Open Access Competition, this time focusing mainly on data documentation and datasets that have been used to publish journal articles.
Our goal is to have 100 new, quality assured and properly annotated datasets published in CIP’s Dataverse repository
The Open Access competition will run until July 30, 2020
- All datasets published by CIP staff during the period of 1st August 2019 to 31th July 2020 will be eligible
- Datasets need to be quality checked, include complete metadata and well-defined variables annotated with ontologies where possible (see Publishing Research Data)
- Authors will receive one point for every qualified dataset submitted to CIP’s Dataverse. For datasets with multiple data authors, each author receives one point.
- Authors with datasets that have both the metadata and data variables annotated with ontology terms will receive an extra point.
- Authors of datasets that are part of an ISI Journal paper will also receive an extra point.
- The individual author with the most score will receive funding to cover the cost of one Open Access article and the cost of his/her participation in one scientific conference
- The Program with most datasets will receive funding for two Open Access articles.
- The Program in second place will receive funding for one Open Access article.
We encourage you to embrace Open Access, so we can reach our goal to be fully Open Access.